Leadership Development Committee
The Leadership Development Committee (LDC) is a standing committee whose purpose is to assist International Council (IC) in:
- Developing future leaders for board- and committee-level service within Gamma Phi Beta and in the interfraternal world through educational programming and cultivation.
- Developing a leadership strategy to ensure that effective, transparent preparations are made to support the Sorority’s strategic, policy-driven governance model.
- Cultivating and tracking future leaders in the leadership pipeline.
A full description of the LDC’s purpose, objectives, composition and more can be found within the committee’s charter.
The LDC offers a variety of educational opportunities intended to guide and develop Gamma Phi Beta alumnae as they seek to increase their understanding of board-level service. Leadership Development Committee offerings are designed for Gamma Phi Beta alumnae looking to take the next step in their leadership journeys and cultivate skills that prepare them for board- and/or committee-level service.
Click on the buttons below to learn more about current LDC offerings.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do you mean by “board-service”?
Leadership Development Committee programs are geared toward cultivating skills to apply on an international board such as a committee, The Foundation Board of Trustees, the Facilities Management Company (FMC) Board of Managers or IC. These programs are not geared toward cultivating skills to apply on local boards such as advisory boards.
Is participation in LDC programs required to serve on a Gamma Phi Beta board?
No. Leadership Development Committee programs are not a prerequisite for board-level service in Gamma Phi Beta.
Can I apply what I learn from an LDC program outside of Gamma Phi Beta?
Yes. Leadership Development Committee programs are based on best-practices for board-level service in a variety of industries and contexts. Therefore, the knowledge and skills gained through LDC programs can be applied outside of Gamma Phi Beta.
Does participation in an LDC program guarantee service on a board or committee?
No. Participation in LDC programming cultivates board-level knowledge and skills that can be used in or outside of Gamma Phi Beta. It does not guarantee service on a Gamma Phi Beta board or committee.
Leadership Development Committee Members
- Chair Jessica Jecmen (Oklahoma City)
- Jessica Budzianowski (College of Idaho)
- Amy Geist (Jacksonville)
- Teresa Haney (Northern Arizona)
- Lindsay Healless (Wisconsin-Milwaukee)
- Tanya Jordan (Purdue)
- Ashley Lang (Northern Iowa)
- Susie Knetter McCracken (Kansas State)
- Rachel Taube (Valparaiso)
- Caitlyn Zang (California State-Fullerton)
- Staff Liaison: Samantha Keltner (Northern Iowa)