This is the website of Gamma Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated (“Gamma Phi Beta Sorority”, “we” or “us”).
- How we collect personal information through our website and how we use and share that information.
- What options are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of your personal information.
Personal information means information that relates to you as an individually identifiable person, such as your name, e-mail address and mobile number.
Information Collection: Gamma Phi Beta collects both personal and anonymous data. What we collect depends on what you do when you use our site and what personal information you elect to give us. For example, we collect personal information from you when you create a personal profile through our site.
General Browsing: GammaPhiBeta.org gathers browsing information about pages visited on the Site and information about the technical efficiencies of our website and services. If you visit our site, we may collect and store the following general information in order to analyze trends, gather broad demographic information and monitor site traffic patterns that can help us further develop and improve the design and functionality of our Site: your computer's IP address, browser type, and operating system, the date and time you access our site, the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site; and the various pages that you visit while on our site.
Collection of Personal Information: GammaPhiBeta.org may ask you to provide personal information online when using various services on the Site, including, for example, when you update your personal profile, make a donation to the Foundation, register for an event, or purchase items through the chapter supplies section of our site.
Categories of information collected online include name, mailing and billing address, parents' permanent mailing address for collegians, email address, telephone number, IP address, order information, credit card information and other information you may choose to provide us, such as mobile phone number, job category or title, employer and education (college).
How We Use and Share the Information We Collect Online: GammaPhiBeta.org uses the personal information we collect from you to serve you and improve your experience on GammaPhiBeta.org. Some examples include to:
- process donations, dues payments or online orders;
- update your personal profile;
- maintain Gamma Phi Beta directories;
- process your registration for events;
- evaluate job and volunteer applications;
- communicate with you by email, telephone or mail;
- send marketing and promotional emails on behalf of Gamma Phi Beta unless you have told us you do not wish to receive such communication;
- troubleshoot technical problems on our site;
- comply with the law or to protect the rights, property or safety of Gamma Phi Beta, our users or others, including to maintain network and information security, for fraud prevention and to report suspected criminal acts.
When you update your personal profile, any such information you provide will be added to a secure database. Access to the database is restricted to current employees. In addition, gift information is restricted to certain staff members and credit card data is encrypted and transmitted to us securely. The information in this database is used to maintain contact with you and to update Gamma Phi Beta directories. If you would prefer that we not publish your contact information in the directories, please call us at 303.799.1874 or email email@example.com.
We utilize third party systems to help us provide services. These services include operating the website, monitoring website activity, ensuring proper use of our trademarks, processing donations and chapter supply orders, as well as maintaining our database. These third parties only have access to information to the extent necessary and are required to not use any personal information for any purpose other than providing such services.
Additionally, from time to time, we may share your personal information with other companies that we believe may be of interest to you or can provide services that will be of use to you. For example, we may provide your contact information to one of our partners regarding Gamma Phi Beta merchandise or discount opportunities.
GammaPhiBeta.org will never sell your personal information.
We may also establish additional third-party relationships without notice in the future.
You should be aware that we may disclose personal information about you if necessary to do so by law or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law, or is necessary to protect the users of the website or the public.
What are My Options to Control the Use of Personal Information?
Choice to Opt-Out: We may send you certain communications relating to Gamma Phi Beta, such as administrative messages, marketing messages and newsletters. Gamma Phi Beta gives users the option to decline future communications by removing themselves from the list of subscribers through the unsubscribe process or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updating Your Member Profile: We prefer to keep all your information in your Gamma Phi Beta member profile accurate and up-to-date. To do this, we provide you with the opportunity to update or modify your Gamma Phi Beta profile by logging into your account on GammaPhiBeta.org and updating information online. You can request the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on the website:
- See what personal information we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any personal information we have about you.
- Request deletion of any personal information we have retained within our systems.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your personal information.
GammaPhiBeta.org has taken appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of, personal information. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We designed GammaPhiBeta.org to accept donations, chapter supply orders, and registrations only from web browsers that permit communication through Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology, which protects the information as it is being transmitted to and from GammaPhiBeta.org.
Credit Card Processing: We use a third-party vendor that is certified to the Payment Card Industry Data (PCI) security standards to process credit card payments. We supply the vendor with data for credit card authorization and fraud detection only. Credit processing vendors are restricted from using the data for any other purposes. Our systems do not allow storage of your credit card number. We use this data to process and ship your order.
Gamma Phi Beta Foundation: Donor information that is collected by or for Gamma Phi Beta Foundation, whether provided online or offline, is not sold or traded, and the Gamma Phi Beta Foundation does not solicit donations or send mailings on behalf of other organizations.
Your ‘Do Not Track’ Browser Setting: We do not support the Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting. DNT is a preference you can set in your browser’s settings to let the websites you visit know that you do not want the websites collecting your personal data. Some websites support Do Not Track, but many do not.
We do not track your online activity over time and across third-party websites or online services, and we do not permit third parties to conduct such tracking either.
Privacy of Children on our Website: To ensure compliance with federal law, GammaPhiBeta.org does not knowingly collect or maintain information provided online by children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to use the website.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance/Your California Privacy Rights: Effective January 1, 2005, California law permits users who reside in California to request certain information regarding the disclosure of personal information collected by Gamma Phi Beta to third parties for marketing purposes. Please contact us at the address below if you desire such information.
Questions or Concerns
If you have additional questions or would like more information on this topic, please contact us by phone at 303.799.1874 or email@example.com
Using Member Search
We love when sisters connect, but require that you respect the use of member information. According to our Rules and Procedures (see excerpt below and page 19 in the Rules and Procedures), members are only allowed to contact other members in their region or outside their region with prior permission from the regional director or International President.
This requirement is a precaution to protect the privacy of our members and help to ensure that they do not receive unsolicited communication. In the future, should you wish to contact members, we ask that you please reach out to International Headquarters where someone assist you in directing your request to the appropriate regional director or the International President.
Contacting the Membership
- A chapter (collegiate or alumnae), or its supporting affiliated house corporation, may contact any or all members initiated by that chapter.
- A chapter (collegiate or alumnae), or its supporting affiliated house corporation, may contact other chapters or affiliated house corporations and members for ideas on such subjects as recruitment, PACE, Panhellenic and housing policies.
- A chapter (collegiate or alumnae) may contact other chapters/members in the region only with the prior permission of the regional director.
- A chapter (collegiate or alumnae) may contact the whole membership or any part outside of the region only with the prior permission of the International President.
- The Gamma Phi Beta Facilities Management Company may contact the whole membership without the prior permission of the International President.
- Chapter membership rolls may be released to Gamma Phi Beta International Headquarters, the chapter advisor, the supporting affiliated house corporation or Gamma Phi Beta Facilities Management Company (if applicable), the regional team and the fraternity/sorority advisor (or the university’s designee).
- Chapters/members may not use member contact information obtained from the Gamma Phi Beta website or through International Headquarters for non-Sorority interests.