About Gamma Phi Beta
Our Mission and Vision
Mission: We build confident women of character who celebrate sisterhood and make a difference in the world around us.
Vision: To inspire the highest type of womanhood.
Our Guiding Principles
- We promote lifelong commitment, intellectual and personal growth and service to humanity.
- We perpetuate our heritage as we commit to the growth of our Sorority.
- We foster enduring friendships.
- We advocate ethical behavior, respect, authenticity, accountability and integrity.
- We aspire to excellence in all that we do.
Founded on a rock.
"Since the rock is the firmest and most enduring substance, able to withstand the ravages of time, and offering the strongest protection, it seemed fitting that Gamma Phi Beta should be thus founded." – Founder E. Adeline Curtis (Syracuse, 1874)
Gamma Phi Beta is more than 140 years old and has been dedicated to continuing the vision of our Founders since day one. Members of the Sorority are wholeheartedly invested in our sisterhood and believe deeply in our philanthropic mission, vision and focus. There is a quiet strength that is evident across the sisters and a desire to remain true and constant to the Sorority, the friendships, the opportunities and the values.
Gamma Phi Beta Sorority, one of the 10 oldest women’s organizations in North America and the first to be called a “sorority,” was founded November 11, 1874, at Syracuse University in New York.