The Belonging, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (BEDI) Summit is the Sorority’s first leadership summit dedicated solely to creating a more just, equitable and inclusive Gamma Phi Beta. This one-day virtual summit takes place on February 20, 2021, and features two keynote speakers, breakout sessions facilitated by industry leaders, access to exclusive resources and more! Whether you’re a collegian or alumna, together let’s gain knowledge, language, tools and self-awareness to make a difference in our chapters, campuses and communities.
Event Learning Objectives
By the end of the BEDI Summit, you will be able to:
- Define belonging, equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Describe why belonging, equity, diversity and inclusion are a priority to Gamma Phi Beta.
- Identify one or more ways you can create change within your personal life.
- Identify one or more ways you can create change within Gamma Phi Beta.
- Identify one or more ways you can create change within your community.
Who is required to attend at the expense of the collegiate chapter?
All chapters are required to send the following members to the BEDI Summit.
- All newly-elected collegiate chapter executive council officers
- New member educator
- BEDI chairwoman
- Chapter advisor
This list is required to attend the full-day BEDI Summit. Registration expenses are the collegiate chapter’s responsibility.
Who is required to attend at the expense of international Gamma Phi Beta?
The following volunteers are required attend the BEDI Summit.
- Collegiate chapter supervisor
- Finance supervisor
- HR specialists
- International Team leaders
- New Chapter Team leaders
- Recruitment supervisor
- Regional Team leaders
This volunteer list is required to attend the full-day BEDI Summit. Registration expenses are covered by international Gamma Phi Beta.
Who else is encouraged to attend?
All collegians, volunteers and alumnae not listed in the required attendee lists are invited to attend and are welcome to register for any of these scheduled options: morning track, afternoon track or full-day track. Registration fees are on your own. Prices increase on February 12.
If you are a collegian not required to attend, we encourage you to check with your chapter to see if they have additional funds to sponsor your attendance.