The Leadership Development Committee (LDC) invites you to participate in Board Leadership. Board Leadership is collection of standalone virtual educational sessions designed for Gamma Phi Beta alumnae seeking to understand board-level leadership. Through discussion, self-guided learning and reflection, Board Leadership attendees will explore multiple board types, board-level responsibilities and individual preparedness for board-level service.
Is Board Leadership right for me?
All Gamma Phi Beta alumnae who have participated in one or more volunteer opportunities within the Sorority and are interested to learn about board-level service are invited to participate in Board Basics.
When is the next Board Leadership session?
The next Board Leadership session will take place Sunday, October 29 from noon to 2 p.m. MT on Zoom. Visit the Nominating Committee page to learn more.
The recording from the previous Board Leadership: Member Competencies session can be accessed on demand below.
What preparation will participants need to do in advance?
To prepare for successful participation in Board Leadership: Member Competencies, interested participants should consider the following best practices for engaging in a virtual educational session:
- Download the most up-to-date version of Zoom to your preferred device.
- Identify a location with a stable Wi-Fi connection to engage in the session.
- Locate a charging cord and power source for your device.
- Utilize headphones and/or find a quiet space to participate in the session.
- Save the registration confirmation link to an easy-access location so you’re prepared to join the session.
- Brush up on your Zoom skills.
Questions about Board Leadership can be directed to Ashley Lang (Northern Iowa), LDC Committee member.