Phi Chapter (Washington University)
Phi Chapter was installed at Washington University in Saint Louis, Missouri, on February 23, 1917. Phi Chapter was closed on February 4, 1993 and re-installed in 2016.
The petitioning local group at Washington University had been formed and sponsored by St. Louis Gamma Phi Beta alumnae two years before the charter was granted. The preliminary inspection was made by Marie Goodman (Michigan, 1892) and Ethel Garbutt (Wisconsin-Madison, 1912). The charter was granted on January 13, 1917, and Phi Chapter (Washington University) was installed the following month by Carrie Morgan (Wisconsin-Madison, 1885), Grand President*, as well as Nina Gresham (Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1913) and Lillian Fitch Johnson (Wisconsin-Madison, 1901), both of whom held national offices.
*Grand President is now known as International President.
The Phi Chapter facility, unknown year.