The Kappa Chapter facility as shown in The Story of Gamma Phi Beta, 1921.
Kappa Chapter (Minnesota-Twin Cities)
Kappa Chapter was installed at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities in Minneapolis, Minnesota, on May 23, 1902.
Kappa Chapter (Minnesota-Twin Cities) originated as a local club called “Khalailu,” formed in 1901. A petition was received for a charter at Convention 1901, but the Convention insisted on further investigation with a copy of the petition sent to each chapter. The investigation was made by Louise Jones Crooker (Syracuse, 1884) and Dorothea Curtis (Wisconsin-Madison, 1898). The report was very favorable and Kappa Chapter was installed in May 1902 by Mrs. Crooker, Josephine Ross Fisher (Wisconsin-Madison, 1899) and Alice Bevans Coolbaugh (Wisconsin-Madison, 1900).