Gamma Epsilon Chapter colony members in 1961.
Gamma Epsilon Chapter (Puget Sound)
Gamma Epsilon Chapter was installed at the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington, on April 29, 1961.
In 1960, Gamma Phi Beta was invited to establish a chapter at the University of Puget Sound campus by the University President Dr. Franklin Thompson. Colonization was organized by Director of Expansion Miss Mary T. McCurley (Goucher, 1907) and Traveling Secretary* Mary Ann Dorsey Krauss (Missouri-Columbia), with the cooperation of Lambda Chapter (University of Washington) in Seattle, Washington. Initiation services were held at the Lambda Chapter facility, and 16 new Gamma Phi Betas received the charter from Grand President** Beatrice Hill Wittenberg (Stanford, 1923) on April 19, 1961.
*Traveling secretaries are now known as collegiate leadership consultants.
**Grand President is now known as International President.