Delta Omega Chapter (Oakland)
Delta Omega Chapter was installed at Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan, on April 7, 1984.
On April 10, 1983, Beta Sigma Alpha, a local sorority at Oakland University, became Delta Omega Chapter (Oakland) at the services conducted by Beta Chapter (Michigan) in the ballroom of Meadbrook Hall. Gamma Phi Beta joined two national sororities on the campus established in 1957. Responsible for colonization was Director of Expansion Karen Wander Kline (Iowa State), and for the new member period, Expansion Supervisor Julie Shafer Ryker (Oklahoma State) and Collegiate Consultant* Kristy Herrick (Minnesota State-Moorhead) helped.
Delta Omega Chapter charter members in 1984.
The installation service was conducted by Alpha Omega Chapter (Western Ontario) under the direction of International Ritual Chairman** Karen L. Hedine (University of Washington). At the banquet held at Meadowbrook Hall on campus, Province IV*** Alumnae Director Jolene Lessard Stiver (North Dakota State) presented the Rochester, Michigan Alumnae Chapter charter to Sharon Fanelly Collins (Bowling Green, 1963), alumnae chapter president.
Delta Omega Chapter President Anna Taiariol (Oakland) accepted the Delta Omega charter from Grand President**** Ann Mullen Bronsing (Indiana State).
*Collegiate consultants are now known as collegiate leadership consultants.
**International ritual chairman is now known as director of ritual.
***Gamma Phi Beta reorganized its structure from Provinces to Regions in 2006. Province IV is now Region 4.
****Grand President is now known as International President.