Delta Lambda Chapter (California-Riverside)
Delta Lambda Chapter was installed at the University of California-Riverside in Riverside, California, on January 24, 1976.
Gamma Phi Beta colonized with Kappa Alpha Theta and Kappa Kappa Gamma when the campus of University of California-Riverside was first opened to National Panhellenic Conference organizations and Interfraternity Councils. Director of Expansion Elna Magnusson Scheinfeld (Idaho) was in charge of the October 5, 1975 extension process, and Collegiate Consultant* Joanne Volakakis (Purdue) remained to supervise the training of the colony.
Delta Lambda Chapter charter members in 1976.
Members of Alpha Iota Chapter (California-Los Angeles) and Beta Alpha Chapter (Southern California) were at Riverside to help with recruitment. Pledging was performed by Delta Eta Chapter (California-Irvine). On January 24, 1976, Gamma Eta Chapter (California State-Long Beach) conducted the Initiation ceremony, under the direction of International Ritual Chairman** Marian Corley Hulsey (Oklahoma City). The Initiation of 14 collegians and 17 alumnae initiates took place at the Faculty Club. The installation banquet was held at the Victoria Country Club, where the charter of Delta Lambda Chapter (California-Riverside) was presented by Grand President*** Betty Luker Haverfield (Missouri-Columbia, 1940).
*Collegiate consultants are now known as collegiate leadership consultants.
**International ritual chairman is now known as director of ritual.
***Grand President is now known as International President.