Delta Kappa Chapter (Lehigh)
Delta Kappa Chapter was installed at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, on January 31, 1976.
Lehigh University admitted women to undergraduate study in 1971, and in 1975, invited Gamma Phi Beta, Alpha Phi and Alpha Gamma Delta to their campus. On September 13, 1975, the colony for Delta Kappa Chapter (Lehigh) was formed under the supervision of Director of Expansion Elna Magnusson Scheinfeld (Idaho). Collegiate Consultant* Patricia Merrill Kempthorne (Idaho) stayed with the new members during their training period. Marian Corley Hulsey (Oklahoma City), international ritual chairman** directed the Initiation ceremony, when Gamma Beta Chapter (Gettysburg) initiated 22 charter members, assisted by members from Alpha Upsilon Chapter (Penn State), on January 31, 1976, at St. Peter’s Lutheran Church. Charters were presented at the installation banquet to Delta Kappa Chapter President Ann Louise Werley Price (Lehigh) by Grand President*** Betty Luker Haverfield (Missouri-Columbia, 1940), and to the new Lehigh Valley Alumnae Chapter by Alumnae Vice President Elizabeth Sloan Phillips (Washington University).
*Collegiate consultants are now known as collegiate leadership consultants.
**International ritual chairman is now known as director of ritual.
***Grand President is now known as International President.
Delta Kappa Chapter charter members in 1976.