The Beta Mu Chapter facility in 1950.
Beta Mu Chapter (Florida State)
Beta Mu Chapter was installed at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida, on April 29, 1950.
Beta Mu was colonized by Province* Director Edith McChesney Ker (William & Mary, 1943) and Traveling Secretary** Mary Jane Hipp Misthos (Colorado College). The two were aided by a graduate student transfer and members of Alpha Mu Chapter (Rollins), who assisted with recruitment. New members were welcomed in February and installation and Initiation was conducted by Alpha Mu Chapter in the Student Alumnae building on campus with 26 charter members.
*Gamma Phi Beta reorganized its structure from Provinces to Regions in 2006.
**Traveling secretaries are now known as collegiate leadership consultants.