Alpha Omega Chapter (Western Ontario)
Alpha Omega Chapter was installed at the University of Western Ontario in London, Ontario, on October 24, 1936. Alpha Omega Chapter was closed on January 24, 2004.
A local sorority, Alpha Kappa Chi, founded in 1929, was a leader in scholarship and activities when it was sponsored by Helen Glaister Dobson (Toronto, 1919), Elizabeth Bertram (Toronto, 1930), Helen Henry (Toronto, 1929) and Carolyn Tucker Rich (Toronto, 1932). After submitting a petition, the group was inspected by a group of International officers, including the National Rush* Chairman Helen Borland, National Expansion Chairman Iva Wright (Toronto, 1919),Province* Director Mary Harris and a former International officer Louise Durst Smith (Wisconsin-Madison, 1901). A charter was granted at Convention 1936 in Victoria, British Columbia, and Isobel Winters and Dorothy Morgan (both Western Ontario, 1936), presidents of the collegiate and alumnae chapters, respectively, were initiated at Convention. When the chapter was installed in the fall, Millicent Lees Hoffman (Minnesota-Twin Cities, 1906) presented the charter. Alice Camerer, Mary Harris and Louise Durst Smith were honored guests. Alpha Alpha Chapter (Toronto) was in charge of the Initiation ceremony which inducted 18 collegiate charter members and 48 alumnae.
*Rush is now called recruitment.
**Gamma Phi Beta reorganized its structure from Provinces to Regions in 2006.
The Alpha Omega Chapter facility, unknown year.