Alpha Mu Chapter (Rollins)
Alpha Mu Chapter was installed at Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida, on June 9, 1928. Alpha Mu Chapter was closed on January 1, 1971.
Gamma Phi Beta was the first national sorority on campus when Phi Omega, a local musical sorority, was installed as Alpha Mu Chapter (Rollins). The installing officers were Gladys O’Connor Borland (Northwestern, 1915), Alice Camerer, Pansy Blake (Michigan, 1915), Virginia Hill Thayer and Pearl Weston Hall. They were assisted by a group of Upsilon Chapter (Hollins) members who came to Florida from Virginia for the occasion. Twenty-seven charter members were initiated. Conditions unfavorable to maintaining adequate membership caused the surrender of the Alpha Mu charter in 1971.
Alpha Mu Chapter members in 1935-36.