The Belonging, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (BEDI) Summit is the Sorority’s leadership summit dedicated solely to creating a more just, equitable and inclusive Gamma Phi Beta. This half-day virtual summit takes place annually in February. The summit will feature keynote speakers, updates on the Sorority’s BEDI work, access to exclusive resources and more! Whether you’re a collegian or alumna, let’s gather to gain knowledge, language, tools and self-awareness to make a difference in our chapters, campuses and communities.
Join us on Saturday, February 24, 2024 from 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. MT.
Event Learning Objectives
By the end of the BEDI Summit, you will be able to:
- Define belonging, equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Describe why belonging, equity, diversity and inclusion are a priority to Gamma Phi Beta.
- Identify one or more ways you can create change within your personal life.
- Identify one or more ways you can create change within your chapter.
- Identify one or more ways you can create change within your community.
Who is required Attend?
Who is required to attend at the expense of the collegiate chapter?
All chapters are required to send the following members to the BEDI Summit.
- All newly elected collegiate chapter executive council officers
- New member educator
- BEDI chairwoman
- Chapter advisor
These officers are required to attend all BEDI Summit programming. Registration expenses are the collegiate chapter’s responsibility.
Who is required to attend at the expense of Gamma Phi Beta International?
The following volunteers are required to attend the BEDI Summit.
- Alumnae chapter supervisors and team leaders
- BEDI team leaders and specialists
- Chief Panhellenic officer
- Collegiate chapter supervisors
- Finance supervisors
- Human Resources (HR) specialists
- Onboarding specialists
- New chapter team leader
- Panhellenic team leaders and specialists
- Philanthropy team leaders and specialists
- Recruitment supervisors
- Regional team leaders
These volunteers are required to attend all BEDI Summit programming. Registration expenses are covered by international Gamma Phi Beta.
Who else is encouraged to attend?
All collegians, volunteers and alumnae not listed in the required attendee lists are invited to attend and participate in BEDI Summit programming.
The BEDI Summit is funded in part by the Gamma Phi Beta Foundation. We extend our sincere gratitude to the Foundation and the many generous donors that allow the Sorority to create this programming.