The Omega Chapter facility as shown in The Crescent, May 1933.
Omega Chapter (Iowa State)
Omega Chapter was installed at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa, on December 21, 1918.
Zeta Iota was organized as a local group in 1914 and petitioned Gamma Phi Beta in 1917. Grand Council* officers conducted the inspection of the group and set an October date in 1918 for installation. The nationwide influenza epidemic forced postponement of Initiation until December. Augusta Kreiger Ekblaw (Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1913), member of Grand Council, and Cora Jackson Carson (Syracuse, 1896) directed the ceremony and Rho Chapter (Iowa) initiated 21 charter members of Omega Chapter (Iowa State).
*Grand Council is now known as International Council.