Gamma Theta Chapter (University of the Pacific)
Gamma Theta Chapter was installed at University of the Pacific in Stockton, California, on February 9, 1963. Gamma Theta Chapter was closed on November 12, 1972.
On October 20, 1962, Beta Theta Chapter (San Jose State) welcomed 34 girls to establish a colony at the University of the Pacific, on of the oldest colleges in California. There were 29 collegians and 17 alumnae initiated by Beta Theta Chapter on February 9, 1963, in the University Chapel on campus. Grand President* Beatrice Hill Wittenberg (Stanford, 1923) presented the Gamma Theta Chapter (University of the Pacific) charter at the installation banquet in Covell Hall on the campus. Several administrative officers of the university attended the ceremony.
Conditions unfavorable to maintaining adequate membership caused the surrender of the Gamma Theta charter in 1971 and Gamma Theta Chapter was closed on November 12, 1972.
*Grand President is now known as International President.
Gamma Theta Chapter members, approximately 1963.