Gamma Delta Chapter (Wyoming)
Gamma Delta Chapter was installed at the University of Wyoming in Laramie, Wyoming, on April 15, 1961.
Gamma Delta Chapter (Wyoming) was colonized in October 1960, with the aid of a student counselor from the University of Texas and two alumnae supervisors. Tau Chapter (Colorado State) members served as the installation group and Grand President* Beatrice Hill Wittenberg (Stanford, 1923) presented the charter to 20 collegians and six alumnae initiates.
Conditions unfavorable to maintaining adequate membership caused the surrender of the Gamma Delta charter. Gamma Delta Chapter was closed on January 1, 1973.
*Grand President is now known as International President.
Some of Gamma Delta Chapter’s charter members in 1961.