Eta Chapter (California-Berkeley)
Eta Chapter was installed at the University of California-Berkeley in Berkeley, California, on April 29, 1894.
A local society named Tau Delta petitioned Gamma Phi Beta on the advice of Professor Leon Richardson, a recent graduate of the University of Michigan. The group was investigated by Elstelle Guppy (Michigan, 1884), her sister Ruth Guppy (Michigan, 1894) and Violet Jayne Schmidt (Michigan, 1884) at the request of the 1893 Convention. The delegates voted to grant a charter provided the investigation was favorable and 12 women were initiated by Estelle Guppy the following spring.
The Eta Chapter facility as shown in The Crescent, May 1933. The facility was designed by two members.