Delta Pi Chapter (Illinois State)
Delta Pi Chapter was installed at Illinois State University in Normal, Illinois, on April 19, 1980.
Delta Pi Chapter (Illinois State) was colonized on May 15, 1979, when members of the local sorority Phi Kappa Delta were welcomed to Gamma Phi Beta. Director of Expansion Lanier Selzer Moore (Southern Methodist, 1955) announced that Expansion Supervisor Karen L. Hedine (University of Washington) would direct the new member training, and the Alumnae Field Representative Sue Haven Quane (Indiana) would coordinate alumnae support. They were later assisted by Collegiate Consultant* Marcia Major Meaux (Texas-Austin).
The chapter was installed by Grand President** Karen Wander Kline (Iowa State) on April 19, 1980, when 32 collegians and four alumnae initiates were initiated by Beta Eta Chapter (Bradley). At the installation banquet at the Illinois State University Union, Mrs. Kline presented the charter to Delta Pi’s Chapter President Nancy Deitrick (Illinois State).
*Collegiate consultants are now known as collegiate leadership consultants.
**Grand President is now known as International President.
Members of Delta Pi Chapter in 1985.