Delta Alpha Chapter (Wisconsin-River Falls)
Delta Alpha Chapter was installed at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls in River Falls, Wisconsin, on May 3, 1969. Delta Alpha Chapter was closed on November 11, 1984.
On February 16, 1969, members of Phi Delta Theta local sorority were welcomed by members of Kappa Chapter (Minnesota-Twin Cities), to become the colony for Delta Alpha Chapter (Wisconsin-River Falls) of Gamma Phi Beta and the first National Sorority on the campus of University of Wisconsin-River Falls.
Grand President Barbara Burns Hiscock (University of Washington, 1939) presenting Delta Alpha Chapter’s charter to Chapter President Elaine Halverson (Wisconsin-River Falls), as shown in The Crescent, September 1969.
Colonization and installation were directed by Director of Expansion Mary Babbitt Bilby (Arizona, 1941) and were assisted by Field Secretary* Evelyn Brzezinski (Tennessee-Knoxville). The Kappa chapter facility was the site for the Initiation ceremony when Kappa members inducted 35 collegiate members and 10 alumnae into Gamma Phi Beta. International Ritual Chiarman** Marcella “Sally” Gray Cass (Iowa, 1934) was in charge of Initiation. During the banquet following at the Coachman Supper Club, Grand President*** Barbara Burns Hiscock (University of Washington, 1939) presented the charters to Delta Alpha Chapter President Elaine Halverson Bartolain (Wisconsin-River Falls) and River Falls Alumnae Chapter President Lorin Robinson.
*Field secretaries are now known as collegiate leadership consultants.
**International ritual chairman is now known as director of ritual.
***Grand President is now known as International President.