Beta Pi Chapter (Indiana State)
Beta Pi Chapter was installed at Indiana State University in Terre Haute, Indiana, on September 14, 1952.
Gamma Phi Beta’s first Indiana chapter was first a local sorority organized in 1904. With the encouragement of Indiana alumnae, the group petitioned for a charter and was inspected by the Province* Director Virginia Supple Atkins (Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1925) and Chairman of Expansion Anita Bertran Curtis (Vanderbilt, 1932). The group was colonized on April 5, 1952 and 39 collegiate members and 53 alumnae were initiated at St. Stephens Episcopal Church by the members of Omicron Chapter (Illinois at Urbana-Champaign). The charter was presented that evening by Grand President** Evelyn Gooding Dippell (Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1933).
*Gamma Phi Beta reorganized its structure from Provinces to Regions in 2006.
**Grand President is now known as International President.
Beta Pi Chapter members headed to the chapter’s Installation in 1952.