The Alpha Beta Chapter facility in 1931.
ALPHA BETA CHAPTER (NORTH DAKOTA)
Alpha Beta Chapter was installed at the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks, North Dakota, on June 16, 1920.
The petitioning local group on the University of North Dakota campus was Delta Kappa Tau, organized in 1916. Florence Sayle Pollock (Wisconsin-Madison, 1909) and Lillian Fortin Brown (Northwestern, 1912) were authorized to investigate the group. Katherine Silverson (Minnesota-Twin Cities, 1903) and Harriet Thompson (Minnesota-Twin Cities, 1917), were the Grand Council* officers who initiated 24 collegians and eight alumnae of the former local club. Initiation was held in the Phi Delta Theta chapter house with alumnae from Fargo, North Dakota and Minneapolis, Minnesota, assisting in the ritual.
*Grand Council is now known as International Council.