Making an Impact on the Lives of Girls across North America
In addition to our chapters hosting fun, memorable philanthropy events, our members are living, celebrating and serving as active contributors to our philanthropic movement. By coming together as strong women, Gamma Phi Betas have had a profound impact on ourselves, our sisters, other women and girls and on the future.
From coaching and mentoring to supporting local organizations that empower girls, Building Strong Girls provides many opportunities for our members to get involved and make a lasting impact whether it be through hands-on service or charitable giving.
Gamma Phi Beta partnered with Girls on the Run in 2012, to advance or philanthropic focus of Building Strong Girls. Since that time, we have seen an increase in hands-on service and philanthropic impact across our entire membership. Since that time, our collegiate and alumnae chapters have collectively raised more than $3 million to support Building Strong Girls and helped Girls on the Run increase the number of girls served by 25 percent.
- Building Strong Girls announced as philanthropic focus
- Girls on the Run announced as philanthropic partner
- Funds raised for Building Strong Girls: $216,745
- Signature event research and development
- Funds raised for Building Strong Girls: $343,025
- Signature event pilot program
- Moonball announced as signature philanthropy event
- Girls on the Run served their one millionth girl
- Funds raised for Building Strong Girls: $350,389
- Collegiate chapters began hosted their first Moonball tournaments
- Funds raised for Building Strong Girls: $583,690.99
- 100 percent of collegiate chapters transitioned to Moonball
- Funds raised for Building Strong Girls: $792,887.78
- Nearly $2 million raised for Girls on the Run since 2012
- Girls on the Run reports serving 25 percent more girls since our partnership started
- Funds raised for Building Strong Girls: more than $900,000!