Gamma Phi Beta is pleased to host our 81st Convention at the Marriott Marquis Chicago in McCormick Place (2121 S. Prairie Ave., Chicago, Illinois, 60616). Everyone except international volunteers is responsible for booking their own hotel room directly with the Marriott Marquis Chicago. Come early or stay late to experience everything Chicago has to offer.
Hotel Booking Information
Call Marriott Marquis Chicago at 312.824.0500 and mention Gamma Phi Beta Convention 2024, or click here to book, modify or cancel your reservation at any time.
Room Rates: $249 per night plus 17.4% taxes for a standard king or queen/queen room.
- Checking-In/-Out: Check-in time is 4 p.m. and check-out time is 11 a.m. A valid credit card is required upon check-in to cover all expenses charged to your room. If using a debit card, the hotel will place a daily monetary hold for your incidentals of approximately $75 per day. The hotel will do its best to accommodate requests for early arrivals or late departures and is happy to provide luggage storage. When checking out, all attendees are expected to pay all room and incidental charges.
- Room Block: Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to availability. It is your responsibility to secure your reservation unless you have been told otherwise by International Headquarters. Should we reach our room block capacity, or the hotel sells out, we will do our best to negotiate additional rooms at an adjacent property, but these will likely be at an increased rate.
- Roommates: Need a roommate for Convention? We will link a Facebook post this spring that will allow you to connect with other sisters looking for a roommate in Chicago. Gamma Phi Beta is not responsible for roommate arrangements or agreements.
- Extending Your Stay: Arrive early or stay late to experience all that Chicago has to offer. Our rate is available from June 24-30 (subject to availability). Room rates may change before or after the designated dates.
- Hotel Reservation Deadline: All reservations must be made with the hotel by Monday, June 3, 2024, to guarantee the group rate. Reservations made after this date will be subject to the hotel’s current available rate.
International Volunteer Hotel Booking Information
International Headquarters will make all hotel reservations for current international volunteers that register at the volunteer attendance rate. Do not contact the hotel for accommodations.
All who register for the international volunteer attendance rate will be booked in a double occupancy room unless you purchase a single room add-on during registration. Please be prepared to list your roommate preference during registration. Roommates will be matched according to mutually requested individuals, so please confer with your preferred roommate in advance. Otherwise, you may be paired at random. We will utilize the roommate requests to match roommates and if your request does not match or is left blank, we will not follow-up and you will be paired at random.
If you intend to arrive early or stay late, you must email date preferences to Director of Conferences and Meetings Page Adams by May 13. The cost of additional nights at the hotel is your responsibility and will be billed on-site. All requests are limited and subject to availability.
If you would like to be paired with a non-volunteer, please pay for a single room and note in the special requests section that you would like a double room and to be paired with attendee (insert first name, last name).
Stop by the Gamma Phi Beta registration desk to pick up your materials and check in. Registration will be open daily from Wednesday, June 26, to Saturday, June 29. Hours are as follows:
- Wednesday, June 26 from Noon to 7 p.m. CT
- Thursday, June 27 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT
- Friday, June 28 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT
- Saturday, June 29 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT
For your convenience, Marriott Marquis Chicago Hotel will offer complimentary basic Wi-Fi in all guest rooms.