Volunteer at Convention
Join the fun – Volunteer for Convention 2020!
Gamma Phi Beta’s 79th Convention is in the sunny oasis of Palm Springs, California! We expect approximately 900 sisters from across North America to attend, and we need your help to ensure the best experience possible!
There are many ways to get involved with the Convention effort, and we truly appreciate all the help we can get. Here are several things we still need.
- Do you know anyone, or are you someone, that has a connection with a Palm Springs or Southern California company willing to donate a product for our welcome bag? We are looking for items like granola or breakfast bars, accessories, lip balm, sunscreen, drinks, hand sanitizers, tissues, snacks, pens, sticky notes, highlighters, etc. If you are interested or have a connection, please email Convention Arrangements Chairwoman Carly Foerster.
- Volunteers who can give an hour or two on June 21 or 22 to assemble welcome bags.
- Volunteers for a few hours to decorate Convention hats on June 22.
- Can you volunteer a few hours of your time from Tuesday, June 23 through Sunday, June 28 to help during Convention? We’ll need help with:
Again, we truly appreciate and would love your help to pull off an incredible Convention. If you have any questions about volunteering at Convention, would like to be more active in the planning or would like to let us know when you can help, you can fill out this volunteer interest form or reach out to our Local Volunteer Coordinator Ashley Yee.
- Setting up and taking down decorations.
- Supporting an events committee.
- Assisting attendees at the hotel, registration or during events.
- Creating centerpieces and floral arrangements.
We will stay in touch with you over the next several months to confirm your volunteer times and details regarding Gamma Phi Beta’s Convention 2020. Thank you!
Benefits and Parameters for Local Convention VolunteersThose who have been authorized as a local Convention volunteer can register for single ticket events at a 25% discounted rate. In order to qualify for this rate, you must fulfill your volunteer duties as assigned. Eligible volunteers:
- Cannot be a Convention collegiate or alumnae chapter delegate as they are required to attend all Convention events.
- Must register and work at least eight Convention hours.
- Upon confirmation of hours assigned by the local committee chairwoman, will be given a discounted registration code for any single ticket event purchase.
- Who do not fulfill assigned hours, will be charged the difference of the discounted rate post event.
- Will be provided complimentary parking and snacks on the day of their volunteer shift.
- Must also be in good standing with the Sorority for the current fiscal year (having paid their individual international alumnae dues of $25 or be a Life Loyal member). Volunteers can pay their international alumnae dues or join Life Loyal using the registration site.