Delta Delta Chapter (California State-Fullerton)
Delta Delta Chapter was installed at California State University-Fullerton in Fullerton, California, on April 3, 1971.
Former local sorority, Beta Psi Omega, was colonized by Gamma Phi Beta on February 7, 1971, under the supervision of Director of Expansion Margaret Lamping Maguire (University of Washington, 1942). Gamma Eta Chapter (California State-Long Beach) conducted the pledging ceremony.
Some of Delta Delta Chapter’s charter members in 1971.
Field Secretary* Linda Pickett Lyerly (Tennessee-Knoxville) was responsible for the new member training period during the months that followed. At the First Lutheran Church on April 3, 1971, 22 charter members and 24 alumnae initiates received their badges from Grand President** Audrey Weldon Shafer (Missouri-Columbia, 1938) in ceremonies conducted by Alpha Iota Chapter (California-Los Angeles). At the Airporter Inn in Newport Beach, California, Chapter President Suzanne Foucault (California State-Fullerton) received Delta Delta Chapter’s charter from Mrs. Shafer. Three past Grand Presidents, Elizabeth Fee Arnold (Colorado State, 1923), Beatrice Hill Wittenberg (Stanford, 1923) and Barbara Burns Hiscock (University of Washington, 1939) made the night very special by their presence.
*Field secretaries are now known as collegiate leadership consultants.
**Grand President is now known as International President.