Beta Iota Chapter (Idaho State)
Beta Iota Chapter was installed at Idaho State College in Pocatello, Idaho, on October 22, 1949. Beta Iota Chapter was closed on May 17, 1984.
National Panhellenic Conference organizations were admitted to the Idaho State campus in the spring of 1949 and a local society, Greek Exchange, was highly recommended by Pocatello alumnae and the Dean of Women, who was a Gamma Phi Beta. The group was inspected by Grand Council* member Anna Bebb Howe (Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1920) and new members were welcomed in May. Theta Chapter (Denver) members came to conduct the October Installation, directed by former Grand Council member Louise Robinson Wyatt. (Denver, 1916). There were 21 collegians and five alumnae initiated, making Beta Iota Chapter (Idaho State) the first national sorority on campus.
*Grand Council is now known as International Council.
The Beta Iota Chapter facility, unknown year.