Volunteer at Convention
Join the fun – Volunteer for Convention 2022!
Gamma Phi Beta’s 80th Convention is in the historic midwestern city of St. Louis! We expect approximately 900 sisters from across North America to attend, and we need your help to ensure the best experience possible!
There are many ways to get involved with the Convention effort, and we truly appreciate all the help we can get. Here are several things we still need.
- Do you know anyone, or are you someone, that has a connection with a St. Louis or Missouri company willing to donate a product for our welcome bag? We are looking for items like granola or breakfast bars, accessories, lip balm, sunscreen, drinks, hand sanitizers, tissues, snacks, pens, sticky notes, highlighters, etc. If you are interested or have a connection, please email Erin Risk. You can also donate items directly through our Amazon wish list.
- Volunteers who can work a few hours on June 20 or 21 to assemble welcome bags.
- Volunteers to decorate Convention hats on June 22, 23 and 24.
- Volunteers who can dedicate a few hours from Wednesday, June 22, through Sunday, June 26, to help during Convention. We’ll need help with:
- Setting up and taking down decorations.
- Supporting an events committee.
- Assisting at the Convention Registration Desk or during events.
- Creating centerpieces and floral arrangements.
- Greeting attendees.
Again, we truly appreciate and would love your help to pull off an incredible Convention. If you have any questions about volunteering at Convention, would like to be more active in planning or want to let us know when you can help, fill out this Volunteer Interest Form or contact Ann Straw.
We will stay in touch with you over the next several months to confirm your volunteer times and details regarding Gamma Phi Beta’s Convention 2022. Thank you!
Benefits and Parameters for Local Convention Volunteers
Those who have been authorized as a local Convention volunteer can register for single ticket events at a 25% discounted rate. To qualify for this rate, you must fulfill your volunteer duties as assigned. Eligible volunteers:
- Cannot be a Convention collegiate or alumnae chapter delegate, as they are required to attend all Convention events.
- Must register and work at least eight Convention hours.
- Upon confirmation of hours assigned by the local committee chairwoman, will be given a discounted registration code for any single ticket event purchase.
- Those who do not fulfill assigned hours will be charged the difference of the discounted rate post event.
- Will be provided complimentary parking and snacks on the day of their volunteer shift.
- Must be in good standing with the Sorority for the current fiscal year (having paid their international alumnae dues of $25 or be a Life Loyal member). Volunteers can pay their international alumnae dues or join Life Loyal using the registration site.