Gamma Phi Beta is thrilled to be a part of the vibrant and successful Greek community at the University of Maryland!
Our Sorority is dedicated to helping women realize their full potential at all stages of life. Membership in Gamma Phi Beta Sorority offers so many benefits to women: friendship, leadership skills, service opportunities, social events and so much more!
In Gamma Phi Beta, you develop meaningful, lasting friendships with other women who offer encouragement and inspiration and will always be by your side. In fact, the term "sorority" - meaning sisterhood - was coined for Gamma Phi Beta.
Connect with more than 195,000 inspirational women today and discover why our Sorority is truly a lifetime experience. We invite you to browse our website to learn more about Gamma Phi Beta, one of the 10 oldest women's organizations in North America. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us - we're thrilled you're interested in learning more about Gamma Phi Beta!
Our UMD sisters would love to meet you! There are several exciting ways to get involved, support our members and help our new chapter shine!
- Recommend members and write a reference. Download and complete a reference form from below. Once complete, email the form to our UMD team.
- Become an advisor! Every new chapter needs strong advisory support. If you are interested in becoming an advisor, please share your interest below to contact a current volunteer leader who can help you determine which role would be a good fit for you.
- Volunteer to help with events like Bid Day, Installation, Initiation, Founders Day, Senior Celebration or other special chapter events. Share your interest below.
- Join an alumnae chapter! As local mentors, alumnae chapter members are instantly looped in to chapter updates, needs and events! Click here to find your local alumnae chapter.
- Follow us on social media and actively retweet, repost and share your enthusiasm of starting a new chapter!
Thank you for making a difference!