And we’re back!
Before we look forward to 2016, let’s take a moment to reflect on 2015. A year ago we asked you to create three lists that would make you a better leader by the end of the year: a skills list, a people list and an impact list. These lists are a reflection of your experience as a leader and show your growth and development over the course of the year.
As the creator and author of REAL Leadership Online I kept my own lists throughout 2015. My people list is a mile long and I’m proud of the ways I was able to make an impact last year. I won’t bore you with my lists in their entirety but I will share my top three.
- Retooled my curriculum development skills at Program Design School.
- Taught myself to use Windows Movie Maker.
- Honed my HTML skills.
- I began developing a relationship with a mentor. Click here to find out why this was an important part of my year.
- I made a best friend at work. This is import, too, and here is why.
- I joined the Junior League of Denver and have met inspiring women of all ages and career paths.
- I was able to make a monetary donation to two friends with cancer and to Girls on the Run.
- I volunteered with two new-to-me organizations: Rocky Mountain PBS and the Denver Santa Claus Shop.
- REAL Leadership Online is reaching more Gamma Phi Betas than ever before!
In 2016 I’m going to keep my lists going and add one more to the mix: a Yes! list. My Yes! list will be all the things that scare me a bit, things that are outside of my comfort zone or things I’ve always wanted to do but never made the time for that I say “yes!” to in 2016.
What was on your lists in 2015? Tell us by sending an email to email@example.com and we may feature you on REAL Leadership Online or send you something to cheer you on in 2016!