An article in the December 1943 issue of The Crescent described, "...this office has been created to facilitate international government since in these days transportation and other difficulties prevent Council members from making their customary visits to chapters, and it is imperative that contacts between chapters and International be maintained."
Although the title and responsibilities may have changed a bit since 1943, the original focus has remained the same: to connect our collegiate chapters with the larger international organization. Since then, more than 300 women have served our organization in this important role. Past CLCs have returned to serve both the Sorority and the Foundation as chapter advisors, international volunteer leaders, International Headquarters staff, International Council members, Foundation Trustees and fraternity/sorority professionals on campuses across the country.
Learn More about the History of the CLC Program
To find out more about the history of the CLC program, visit GammaPhiBetaHistory.org.