The Leadership Development Committee (LDC) invites you to participate in a new educational offering: Board Basics. Board Basics is a stand-alone virtual educational session designed for Gamma Phi Beta alumnae seeking to understand board-level leadership. Through discussion, self-guided learning and reflection, Board Basics attendees will explore multiple board types, board-level responsibilities and individual preparedness for board-level service.
This two-hour session is divided into two parts: Part one (90 minutes) is focused on defining board service and exploring what board service looks like in Gamma Phi Beta. Part two (30 minutes) is dedicated to self-reflection and assessment of both personal skills and interests as they relate to future volunteer and leadership opportunities. All attendees will participate in part one. At the conclusion of part one, attendees have the opportunity to exit the session or continue on to part two.
Is Board Basics right for me?
All Gamma Phi Beta alumnae who have participated in one or more volunteer opportunities within the Sorority and are interested to learn about board-level service are invited to participate in Board Basics.
How do I sign up?
Board Basics session will take place on Sunday, April 23, 2023, from noon to 2 p.m. MT. Registration for Board Basics will be open April 2, 2023.
What preparation will participants need to do in advance?
To prepare for successful participation in Board Basics, interested participants should consider the following best practices for engaging in a virtual educational session:
- Download the most up-to-date version of Zoom to your preferred device.
- Identify a location with a stable Wi-Fi connection to engage in the session.
- Locate a charging cord and power source for your device.
- Utilize headphones and/or find a quiet space to participate in the session.
- Save the registration confirmation link to an easy-access location so you’re prepared to join the session.
- Brush up on your Zoom skills.
Questions about Board Basics can be directed to Ashley Lang (Northern Iowa), LDC Committee member.