The Crescent archives are available for you to learn more about your collegiate or alumnae chapters and the history of our Sorority. Every issue of The Crescent that International Headquarters possesses is available on our archives website in a searchable PDF format.
- Why are the issues of The Crescent titled by season in some years and months in others?
- When the magazine was first published, each issue was categorized by month. The practice of categorizing the issues by season began with the fall 1976 issue.
- What’s the correct publication order of The Crescent?
- The magazines that are published by month are in chronological order throughout the year. After 1976, the order The Crescent is published is winter, spring, fall and summer.
- What is the best way to conduct a search?
- We recommend using search terms that are very specific. For example, if you’re looking for information about your chapter, it may be beneficial to search your chapter name and university (i.e., Alpha Chapter Syracuse).
- Why do I get so many results that don’t always apply to what I’m looking for?
- The search tool for our archives website pulls every issue in which the word is mentioned. If you search two words, your results will include every issue where each of those words is used, even if they are not used together. For example, if you search for “Suzy Sorority,” every issue where the word “Suzy” and the word “Sorority” are used, will be displayed. While viewing the results, it is best to look at the previews and view the PDFs that include the search term when it is grouped together. For example, you would most likely want to only view results which showed “Suzy Sorority” together, not the results that show the two words in different contexts.
- Who do I contact if I have further questions about The Crescent archives?
- Please email TheCrescent@gammaphibeta.org with any additional questions.
NOTE: Please be patient while your selected publication is loading. The files are very large and can take some time to load.