Gamma Phi Get-Together
On September 24, 1875, Gamma Phi Beta’s four Founders first met “in the room kindly furnished by Professor Brown,” whose namesake we draw our colors of brown and light brown (mode). To honor the sisterhood experienced that day that has continued 145 years later, we invite you to our inaugural Gamma Phi Get-Together on September 24!
This annual event is a way to connect with sisters near and far and celebrate the sisterhood that connects Gamma Phi Betas. By coming together on the same day, we can show just how far our bond reaches – across collegiate chapters, distance, generations and more.
What is the Gamma Phi Get-Together?
The idea is simple – get with a sister or several and do something fun on September 24! Virtual events are the best way to connect while ensuring everyone’s health. If you decide to host an in-person event, we encourage you to host something outdoors, wear a mask, social distance and follow your state and local guidelines regarding in-person gatherings. As pairs or groups of sisters join together, let’s celebrate the connection we have as Gamma Phi Betas. See if your alumnae chapter is hosting an event or find an open event! This section will be updated as alumnae chapters submit events.
Count me in! What’s next?
- Contact sisters you want to host a Gamma Phi Get-Together with on September 24.
- Find an activity that works best for you. Need suggestions? Check out these event ideas.
- Tell Gamma Phi you are hosting your event by completing this form. We will send you helpful hosting tips, graphics and a big thank you for your participation!
- If you are submitting on behalf of an alumnae chapter, the alumnae chapter’s event will be placed on the website for others to see and RSVP.
- Events submitted by individual members will not be published to the website.
- Have the best time connecting and reconnecting with sisters!
As you consider hosting or joining an in-person event, please follow proper social distancing guidelines as determined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state and local guidelines.
Don’t know what to do for your Gamma Phi Get-Together? Use this list to start planning!
- Happy hour at a local restaurant
- Walk in the park
- Playdate with Gamma Phi Beta moms and children
- Group fitness class
- Trivia night at a local restaurant
- Museum tour at a new exhibit in town
- Backyard hangout
- Virtual happy hour hosted through a web-conferencing platform, like Zoom or FaceTime
Need help with your Get-Together or have other ideas you want added to this list? Email email@example.com.
Kelly Pelletier (Arizona)
As the Tucson Alumnae Chapter President, it was my honor to encourage our group that has kept in touch for so many years to do a Gamma Phi Get-Together.”
Corby Mullins (California Polytechnic State)
“I wanted to see some of the ladies who were so special to me during this amazing time in my life. This is the perfect moment to bring us all together!"
Autumn Hansen (Idaho)
"What a treat to spend time with some of our past International Council members! I am so grateful for their leadership, loyalty and legacy.”
Open Events Near Me!
Coming soon! Check back to see if there are events in your area. In the meantime, connect with your local alumnae chapter by using the Chapter Locator.
Share on Social Media
No matter how you share on social media, make sure to download one (or all three) of our designs and help us spread the word!
Gamma Phi Get-Together Apparel
Check out Crescent Corner's Gamma Phi Get-Together section for items to wear on September 24, 2021!