Convention: Things to Do
Discover Greater Palm Springs
- Explore everything the Greater Palm Springs area has to offer!
- Greater Palm Springs FAQs (weather, maps, dining, etc.)
- Greater Palm Springs Deals
- Free things to do!
- Joshua Tree National Park: Check out this natural desert treasure.
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway: Aboard the World’s largest rotating tramcar, enjoy the breathtaking journey up the sheer cliffs of Chino Canyon.
- El Paseo Shopping District: Experience more than 250 delightful discoveries on historic El Paseo.
- Outlet shopping
- Moorten Botanical Garden: Learn about the desert plant life native to the Palm Springs area.
- Palm Springs Air Museum: Home to the World’s largest collections of flyable WWII aircraft plus Korea and Vietnam era aircraft.
- The Living Desert Zoo: The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens is a desert botanical garden and a zoo located in Palm Desert. It is rated one of the 10 best Zoos in the US by Conde Nast.
- Celebrity Tours: Since the 1920s, Palm Springs has been Hollywood’s desert playground for celebrities to relax and escape. Tour options will take you through famous neighborhoods, secret spots and amazing homes to classic legendary stars.
- Architectural Tour: Palm Springs in the perfect destination for those seeking a hip, architecturally cool city to explore. Travel into the past and explore this mecca for mid-century modern architecture.
Restaurants Close to the Resort
Not all meals are provided at Convention. There are several options at the resort, but here are some options within a reasonable walking distance from the resort. Please check operating hours.
- $$/12-minute walk – Vicky’s of Santa Fe
- $$/seven-minute walk – Lantana
- $$/10-minute walk – Citrus & Palm
- $$/six-minute walk – Vue Grille & Bar
These options are a quick car ride away. Please check operating hours.