The Belonging, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (BEDI) Summit is the Sorority’s leadership summit dedicated solely to creating a more just, equitable and inclusive Gamma Phi Beta. This two-day virtual summit takes place on Saturday, February 26, 2022 from 9am-12:30 p.m. MT and Sunday, February 27, 2022 from 2-5:30 p.m. MT. The Summit will feature two keynote speakers, breakout sessions facilitated by industry leaders, access to exclusive resources and more! Whether you’re a collegian or alumna, together let’s gather to gain knowledge, language, tools and self-awareness to make a difference in our chapters, campuses and communities.
Event Learning Objectives
By the end of the BEDI Summit, you will be able to:
- Define belonging, equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Describe why belonging, equity, diversity and inclusion are a priority to Gamma Phi Beta.
- Identify one or more ways you can create change within your personal life.
- Identify one or more ways you can create change within your chapter.
- Identify one or more ways you can create change within your community.
Who is required to attend at the expense of the collegiate chapter?
All chapters are required to send the following members to the BEDI Summit.
- All newly-elected collegiate chapter executive council officers
- New member educator
- BEDI chairwoman
- Chapter advisor
This list is required to attend both days of the BEDI Summit. Registration expenses are the collegiate chapter’s responsibility. Event registration for required attendees covers both days of the BEDI Summit.
Who is required to attend at the expense of international Gamma Phi Beta?
The following volunteers are required attend the BEDI Summit:
- Collegiate chapter supervisor
- Finance supervisor
- HR specialists
- Onboarding specialists
- New Chapter Team leaders
- Panhellenic Team Lead/Specialists
- Philanthropy Team leaders/Specialists
- Recruitment supervisor
- Regional Team leaders
This volunteer list is required to attend both days of The BEDI Summit. Registration expenses are covered by international Gamma Phi Beta. Event registration for required attendees covers both days of the BEDI Summit.
Who else is encouraged to attend?
All collegians, volunteers and alumnae not listed in the required attendee lists are invited to attend and are welcome to register for Saturday, February 26 from 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. MT only. Sunday is reserved for required attendees only.