Gamma Phi Beta Sorority values intellectual growth; the Foundation supports our members' educational goals by providing undergraduate scholarships and graduate fellowships. For the 2013-14 fiscal year, the Foundation awarded 85 scholarships, fellowships and grant-in-aid totaling nearly $147,000 to our members.
Collegian and alumnae members of Gamma Phi Beta in good standing are eligible to apply for merit-based and/or financial need-based undergraduate scholarships and graduate fellowships. Foundation financial aid must be applied toward tuition, course-related fees, books or supplies required for course enrollment.
The deadline to apply online for an undergraduate scholarship or graduate fellowship, awarded for the 2015-16 academic year, is March 15, 2015.
Requirements to apply for undergraduate scholarships:
- You must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- You must be a full-time student.
- You must be an initiated member of Gamma Phi Beta and in good standing.
Requirements to apply for graduate fellowships:
- You must demonstrate scholastic achievement and submit proof of acceptance into a graduate program before award check can be disbursed.
- You must be a member in good standing, including payment of $25 for international alumnae dues. Note: Current active senior members attending graduate school in the fall do not need to pay alumnae dues in order to be eligible.
Grant-in-Aid Application (for undergraduate and graduate study)
Grant-in-Aid is available for educational purposes only to relieve financial crises for members in good standing experiencing unforeseen financial difficulties that might force them to withdraw from school. A grant-in-aid request may be submitted at any time. Funds must be used for education expenses. Applicant must be an initiated member of Gamma Phi Beta in good standing for at least six months from the time of application.